- First President of the Multnomah Athletic Club, 1891. Also, 1893
- Vice president of the Irvington Tennis club in 1905.
- President of the Portland Lawn Tennis Association 1919 – 1925.
- Oregon State doubles runner-up with W.G. Knowlton in 1909 to Brandt Wickersham and Walter Goss.
- He was instrumental in developing tennis at the Multnomah Athletic club which hosted the first Oregon State Tennis Championships in 1899 and subsequent tournaments. The MAC was one of the five original clubs that formed the Pacific Northwest International Lawn Tennis Association in 1904.
- For his life history, see the book “Legacy of the Twenty Six” covering the first 100 years of the Multnomah Athletic Club.
Document Source: Sam Lee, 1995