- Oregon State High School Singles champion 1950 – Central Catholic High School.
- Oregon State High School Doubles champion with Mike Walsh 1949.
- Member of University of Portland Tennis team 1952-1955, Singles 67-3, Doubles 68-2.
- Oregon State Doubles runner-up with Hugh Findlay to Sam Lee & Emery Neale in 1955.
- Portland City Doubles Champion – 1954, 1955, 1963.
- Portland Tennis Center Association Executive Secretary from 1970 – 1981.
- First Tennis Director, Portland Bureau of Parks, served from 1981 – 1998.
- Tournament Director for Oregon High School 4A Boys Tennis championships from 1971 to 1997.
- Tournament Director for various sanctioned junior events in Portland from 1975 – 1985.
- In 1984, brought USTA Schools Program to Portland, working with USTA clinicians and local Physical Education leaders.
- Portland Parks Olmsted Award, 1983
- National Community Services Award by USTA, 1984
- Oregonian Banquet of Champions Merit Award, 1990
- National Excellence in Programming Award by USTA, 1997
- Greater Portland Tennis Council Community Service Award, 1991
- Member of the University of Portland Athletic Hall of Fame, 1994
- USTA/PNW NJTL Chapter of the year, 1996
- Member of the Central Catholic High School Athletic Hall of Fame, 1996
Portland’s “Mr Tennis” Has Served City Well (Jim Flynn), Oregonian, Laura Gunderson, 1/15/1998
Document Source: Sam Lee, 1995 & Historical Committee, 2003