The stated purpose of the new Association was to – provide dates and locations for all local tournaments, establish annual rankings of local players and generally promote the game of tennis with emphasis on junior development and assistance to public tennis.
In 1923, the Laurelhurst Club dropped out and the Reed College Tennis Club joined the Association. The Oregon State Tennis Championships were played at Laurelhurst in 1919. Later the Oswego Country Club joined the Association.
In 1923, interclub matches consisting of singles, doubles and mixed doubles were held between Irvington, Multnomah, Laurelhurst and Waverly.
In 1924, the first veterans tournament for men over 45 was held at the Irvington Club.
In 1926, the Portland Junior Lawn Tennis Association was formed, to further promote junior tennis in Portland, and to establish junior events with the Oregon State Tennis championships.
In 1928, the 186th infantry Regiment, Oregon National Guard, submitted an offer to the Association to provide an indoor court at the armory at NW 10th and Davis. The offer was accepted, and the Association reimbursed the 186th Infantry Regiment for costs to install the court and repair the surface. Note – this information is verified by Wes Hartman who played there. Holes in the court surface were filled with plaster of paris and were very slippery. Also, Bill Tilden played an exhibition there.
The last minutes of the Association appear to be in 1932, at which time Ken May was President, and Kenneth Parelius was Secretary/Treasurer.
Minutes of meetings
Document Source: Sam Lee, 1995